The Association will comprise:
Full individual membership will be available to all Human Resources specialists within the hospitality industry, or those who are deemed capable of contributing to the aims of the Association. Corporate membership is taken out by the companies and/or subsidiaries operating hotel & catering establishments or organisations with an interest in Human Resources and/or training related activities associated with the hospitality industry.
Full individual members 1 vote
Student members 1 vote
Honorary members No votes
Only full individual members, corporate nominees and student members will be entitled to vote at the AGM or any extraordinary meeting. It is at the discretion of the executive committee to agree to the membership of all full individual & student members and corporate nominees in cases where they leave the industry or change their status within the industry.
The election of members is vested solely in the executive committee, who have the right to refuse entry without stating reasons. 1. The executive committee may disqualify, suspend or expel members after previously notifying the member concerned in writing of their intentions and allowing a hearing in front of the executive committee upon their request. Membership will be terminated forthwith: 2. If any member fails to pay the annual subscription within 3 months of being requested to do so or 3. If any member is found unworthy of membership by the executive committee 4. Any member of the association may voluntarily terminate membership by resignation in writing to the secretary.
1. The chairperson will hold office for 2 years and will be eligible for re-election.
2. Members of the executive committee will hold their office for one year only & will be eligible for re-election.
3. Nominations for the posts of chairperson and members of the executive committee must be proposed by full individual or student members or corporate nominees and must be authorised by the nominated member. At least nine members of the committee including the chairperson, must be full individual members of corporate nominees of the association.
4. The executive committee will comprise:
5. The position of treasurer may, at the discretion of the executive committee, be on an Ex-officio basis. In this case the number of additional members, will be increased to nine.
6. The voting for the executive committee is limited to full individual and student members and corporate nominees as detailed in article 2 of the constitution. If there are more than 11 nominees for committee places each voting member shall have 11 votes, 1 for each of the non-chair executive committee places each year. Likewise, in each alternate year, each voting member shall have 1 vote for the position of chairperson. ? Two tellers will be appointed at the AGM to count the votes cast for each nomination and inform the chairperson of the result. The chairperson is empowered to scrutinise the work of the tellers who will be appointed alter nomination and agreement from the floor of the meeting. If necessary the chairperson will authorise a vote to be taken in respect of the appointment of the tellers.
7. At the AGM or subsequent meeting, the newly elected executive committee may propose or review the appointment of the position of president. The president will be a person of considerable standing in the industry with a known interest in the work of the personnel & training function and need not necessarily be directly connected with the association. Only full individual and student members and corporate nominees will be entitled to vote on this appointment.
8. The executive committee has the right to co-opt up to 6 additional members to the committee, if required. These members will be co-opted for prescribed purposes & their terms will not last beyond the term of the elected committee without being subject to re-co-option by the new committee.
1. The treasurer will have the responsibility for the administration of the association funds.
2. All cheques must be signed by the treasurer, together with one of the officers of the executive committee, namely: Chairperson, Vice Chairperson or Secretary.
3. The association’s books must be audited annually by an independant accountant.
4. An independent accountant will be elected annually at the AGM to act as auditor.
5. The financial year will run from 1st April to 31st March.
1. There will be at least 4 meetings annually with extraordinary meetings held at the discretion of the committee.
2. The AGM will take place within 8 weeks of the end of the financial year.
3. The executive committee will meet at least every 2 months.
4. For executive committee meetings a minimum of 5 committee members shall form a quorum.
5. Sub committees, both permanent and temporary, may be found at any time with the authority of the executive committee.
6. The executive committee shall have the power to appoint a paid administrator, either full or part time as they deem necessary. Such administration to be responsible for the clerical workings of the association including the distribution of the information to members and the maintenance of membership records.